Defending and enforcing intellectual property rights requires a thoughtful litigation strategy. We will help you to benefit fully from rights granted by all types of intellectual property.
GGD adopts a team approach to resolve actual or potential disputes, whether through litigation or alternative dispute resolution modes such as negotiation, mediation, arbitration.
In particular, we appear before federal and Quebec courts and tribunals on issues of:
- intellectual property validity and infringement,
- impeachment and cancellation of intellectual property rights,
- proceedings pursuant to the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations,
- emergency relief, such as injunctions and seizures, including Anton Piller orders,
- trade-marks oppositions,
- unfair competition and “passing off”,
- judicial review of decisions by the Canadian Intellectual Property Office,
- shareholder disputes over intellectual property rights,
- disputes over licensing and franchise agreements, the protection of trade secrets as well as non-competition and non-solicitation clauses, and
- regulatory affairs.